1st Feb 2011
Please find below information about the next England Netball Coaches workshop to be held on the 28th February 2011 @ Buile Hill High School, Salford. 6-9pm.
This course will examine the qualities of an attacking player and will explore the methods a player can utilise to get free. The workshop will apply the Games for Understanding approach and review how a meaningful games experience can be embedded in the coaching session. Coaches will be introduced to the principles of attacking play and will observe and analyse performance in relation to these in the workshop. The coach will be equipped with the skills to plan practices which are in a games context and will recognise the value of placing conditions on games to improve the practice. The workshop will address set ups, first and second phase options in a range of game situations. The cues an attacker should attend and respond to will be a feature of the workshop with a particular emphasis on the centre pass.
By the end of the workshop a coach should be able to:
* Explain the qualities of an attacking player
* Observe and analyse an individual’s performance in relation to the principles of attacking play
* Explain how meaningful games experiences are key to learning as part of the Games for Understanding approach
* Design practices in a conditioned game context
* Describe the various set ups, first and second phase options in a range of game situations
If you would like to book onto this course please complete the linked booking form below and return to the regional office with payment: