The benefits of sport and physical activity to individuals and communities are universally recognised. It has also been recognised as an individual tool for tackling many issues, such as health, education and social inclusion, and that investing in coaching & coach education is critical to support this.
Vision for coaching:
- Professional and ethical values
- Inclusive and equitable practice
- Agreed national standards of competence as a benchmark at all levels
- A regulated and licensed structure
- Recognition, value and reward
- A culture and structure of innovation, constant renewal and continuous professional development
Cheshire & Warrington Sports Partnership is fully committed to ensuring new & existing coaches working in the county, whether paid or volunteering, are supported to develop their coaching knowledge and skills in order for them to provide high quality coaching opportunities in their coaching environments.
The impact of Higher Qualified Sports Coaches
- High Quality coaching with a focus on young people
- Increase in the number of qualified coaches working at a local level
- A step change in developing a career structure for coaches
- Introduction of quality standards for the recruitment, employment, management and development of coaches
- Managed, high quality continuous professional development support for coaches
We believe that it is vitally important for coaches to receive the appropriate training so that they can carry out their roles, in a professional and safe environment.
Cheshire & Warrington Sports Partnership can offer
information such as;
- Current Minimum Standards for Deployment Guidelines for coaches
- Current Minimum Standards for Deployment Coach Education Courses
- National Governing Body Coaching courses
- National and Regional developments in coaching
- Funding/ support for training
Cheshire & Warrington Sports Partnership can link you to a
range of key partners
- Local National Governing Body contacts
- Local Authority officers, such as Sports Development Officers; Club Development Officers and the School Sports Co-ordinator network
- Local community sports clubs and sports forums
Cheshire & Warrington Sports Partnership can also provide tangible
support through funded projects
The main support currently is
- CWSP Club & Coach Education Programme - Access to important Minimum Standards for Deployment courses such as Safeguarding and Protecting Children; Equity in Your Coaching; How to Coach Disabled Perfomers; Club for All; Emergency First Aid in Sport. This programme is open to all volunteer/ coaches. All courses currently cost £30 per person.
Details are available on the Cheshire & Warrington Sports Partnership web-site, Courses page at Club & Coach Education
Other additional courses may be added in future programmes (if demand is identified) and it is hoped that future funding can be sought to help subsidise the costs further to you the coaches and volunteers.